2006-2020: The Awakening

It was 2006.

The lost of a much loved one made me question the meaning of life again. What we do what we do and why we do what we do.

What is the end goal of studies? What is the end goal of work? What is the end goal of life?

As part of the grieving process, I began searching for answers and exploring the Web. I believe that was Internet at the end stage of its Infancy stage and beginning to sprout in its Growth phase.

It was during this time that I learned the concepts of F.I.R.E., Financial Independence Retire Early, but this term was not been born yet. 

That's right. In Singapore, there was already a movement/ community of like-minded individuals back then. The concepts learned were from a few bloggers whose values seem to be aligned with mine, the "answers" that I had been looking for. However, for us, it was not so much of R.E. but rather F.I.

I am grateful for having them around in that phase of my life - Bully The Bear, Uncle Createwealth8888, Wealth Buch, MusicWhiz etc.

And then later others like SBC, Singapore Man of Leisure etc onboarded the scene.

I miss their cBox chatters and amazing online camaraderie which have brought laughters to my life. I still remember some others like cookieguy and SAHM.

Yes, I have been a lurker silent reader for this long. I don't quite remember the exact details, other participants in the cBox, and timelines but those were wonderful memories. 

Thank you all once again, those who had been in the cBox too, as my growing/formulative years.

This period had been my Awakening.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revenue Growth or Cost Cutting??

Financial Independence is like.....

Ant or Grasshopper??